Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Chapter Thirteen


Serafina couldn't stop smiling since she met Frank. She couldn't wait for Monday, she would be able to see him again. She was having lunch with Harlow and Vivianne. "So, how did it go?" Harlow asked, "From that smile, I'm thinking, GREAT!" Vivianne said. "We had a few drinks, talked, didn't get into anything personal, just hobbies, bands we like and stuff like that. Then he took me to this mile long flower market and gave me a single red rose, then he asked did I want to meet up with him to have a few drinks again on Monday!" she said excitedly. Harlow and Vivianne's smiles dropped. "He asked you did you want to meet up and have a few drinks?" Harlow asked. Serafina nodded, she couldn't understand what was wrong with that. "What? What's wrong with that?" Serafina asked, panicking a bit now. "Hunny, a few drinks is what friends do, a dinner or movie is a date" Vivianne said putting her hand on top of Serafina's.








"Mom, can you drop me to the park?" Dakota asked Serafina. "Why?" Serafina wanted to see if she was going to tell the truth to her. "I'm meeting Jesse" she said. She was telling the truth. "Sure hun" Serafina said grabbing her car keys.






"Dad, you can go now" Jesse said to Jon. Jon smiled "It took me fifteen minutes to get over here, It'll take me another fifteen to get back to the car. I'm going to eat my lunch here. You and Dakota can go off by yourselves, I'll meet you here at five o' clock" Jon said to him.






"Mom, you really don't have to walk me to him" Dakota said, she was embarrassed that Serafina was walking her to Jesse. "Sweetie, I'm going to go for a walk anyway" Serafina said. They saw Jesse waiting, hands in his pockets. Serafina looked at the man sitting on the bench. Jesse said something to him and the man smiled. Serafina would know that smile anywhere, it was Frank.






"There she is" Jesse said to Jon. Jon looked at Dakota, she was very pretty. "She's a keeper man" Jon said with a smile. "No, she isn't." Jesse said. Jon looked back up at Dakota, he saw a woman walking next to her. It was Serafina. "Oh shit... Jess, do your old man a favor, pretend my name's Frank" Jon said to Jesse. "Sure" Jesse said, that was Jon's code name for when fans were around.






"Hey Jesse!" Dakota said giving him a kiss on the cheek. "Hi, let's go for a walk. Nice to see you again Miss. Williams" Jesse said walking with Dakota. "Frank? Is that you?" Serafina said when Jesse and Dakota were out of hearing distance. "Hey Serafina, fancy seeing you here" Jon said smirking. "Have you eaten?" Jon asked, not wanting his sandwich. "No" Serafina lied. Surely lunch would count as a date."Good, I know this great restaurant" Jon said getting up. His feet were killing him but he tried his best to walk at his normal pace. It was killing him. He walked up to his car and opened the door for Serafina. He had his Lincoln Navigator, the family car. He hoped to god there was nothing of the kids with their names on it, or his. "I love your car" Serafina said. "Thanks" Jon said relieved he could sit down.




"So, do you have many kids?" Serafina asked, eager to know him better. "I have six kids, Christian, Michelle, Stephanie, Jesse, Jake and Romeo" Jon said, "And you?" Serafina smiled, "Only Dakota, six kids, wow. I always wanted a big family" she said still smiling. "Are you Irish?" Jon asked, he just noticed her accent, he loved the Irish accent well really anything about Ireland. "Yeah, I am. I moved over here when I was twenty. I'm from Galway" she said smiling. "My..." Jon was about to tell her about Claire being from Ireland, but didn't know what to call her now. "My son, Christian, had a wife, Claire, she was from Ireland too" Jon told her. Jon couldn't take his eyes off of Serafina. "So, Frank, tell me about yourself" she said. Jon didn't know whether to make up a life about himself or just tell her the parts that weren't to do with his rock star life. "I was born in New Jersey, raised there. My father was a plumber turned hairdresser. He was an Italian. My mother was a playboy bunny, she worked in the restaurant. I have two younger brothers, Anthony and Matt. I hated school. I missed about one hundred days in my last year of high school, I graduated by the skin of my teeth." he laughed, then realised that might have been the wrong thing to say seeing as he was supposed to be a lawyer. "I was just kidding about the hundred days...I went to law school and then when I graduated I went to Paris and met a girl, her name was Jacklyn. You could say it was love at first sight. I married her, we had twins, Christian and Michelle. Then I realised that it wasn't love, it was lust. We divorced, I moved myself and the twins back to New Jersey, Jacklyn stayed in Paris. Then I met my high school sweetheart, her name was Dorothea. We dated for about six weeks and I asked her to marry me and we went to Vegas and got married, didn't tell a single soul about it. We had four children, Stephanie, Jesse, Jake and Romeo. When my youngest, Romeo, was one and a half, Dorothea died." Jon had never talked about this to anyone. But something deep down let him know he could trust her. "Oh my god...I hope you don't mind me asking, what happened to her?" Serafina asked. "We were at my parents, my mother wanted some pears. Dorothea said she would cycle down to the shop and get some for her. Next thing we heard a truck hoot I ran outside and down the street. She had been hit by the truck, she died in my arms" Jon said, tears in his eyes, staring into space. He was having a flashback.

2 comments:

  1. How horrible for Jon to have Dot die in his arms? OMG no wonder why he can't stand his MOM so much Hate and Venom! I am speechless at this point!

    Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no...poor Dorothea...
    OK, now what is wrong with Jon? And when is he going to tell serafina the truth about himself?

    ReplyDelete