Saturday, June 6, 2009

Chapter Nine


When Jon woke up the next morning the first thing he did was make a cup of coffee and then he sat down at his laptop. He googled 'Nick Jonas' he went into the Wikipedia, he was relieved to find out that Nick and his brothers all wear purity rings. "That's a lot off my chest" Jon said to himself. "What's a lot off your chest?" he heard Stephanie ask, he shut the laptop down as fast as he could. He anxiously looked around the room and saw Time magazine with Obama on the cover, "That Obama's the president" he said raising a hand then put it down again. Stephanie gave him a weird look "Right dad.." she said walking to the kitchen. Jon followed her into the kitchen, he thought about asking her about Nick but didn't know how to. He saw Stephanie was getting a cup out to have some coffee so he poured some coffee for her. "So did you have a good time last night?" Stephanie held onto her locket and smiled, "I had a great night, thanks so much dad!" she said going up to him and giving him a kiss on the cheek. "I was thinking ,maybe, we could all go out for lunch, you, me, Richie, Ava, Jesse, Jakey, Romeo, Christian and Michelle" Jon suggested, he was going to start spending as much time as possible with all his family, "Lunch... I can't, I'm meeting a..." she hesitated for a minute, not wanting to tell her father that she was meeting her boyfriend, who happened to be Nick Jonas, for lunch, "a friend for lunch" she said. Jon nodded his head, he was about to suggest dinner but he didn't feel like having his dinner at 5 o' clock and later in the evening would be far too late for Jake and Romeo.








Jon stayed in the kitchen and read the morning papers, Stephanie went into the living room to go on her laptop and talk to Nick on video chat. Jon listened to the conversation from the kitchen, unknown to Stephanie. "I wrote you a song" he heard a boy say, Nick he presumed. "You did?" Stephanie said excitedly, "Can I hear it?" she asked. "It's not that good, but sure.." Nick said laughing. A nice melody on a guitar started to play, Jon picked out the chords, C and A, "You,You're like driving on a Sunday,you, you're like taking off on Monday,you, you're like a dream, a dream come true. I, just a face you never notice, I, just trying to be honest with myself, you, with the world."



Jon heard a laugh, it was Richie. "Didn't your momma ever tell you that eavesdropping was rude? and on your own daughter!" he said walking over to the fridge, Jon put a finger up to his lips.



"You might think, that I'm a fool for falling over you, so tell me, what can I do, to prove to you, that's it not so hard to do, give love a try, one more time, cause you know that I'm on your side. Give love a try, one more time, Ooh"



Jon looked back up at Richie, who had an empty cheesecake box in his hands, "I'll buy a new one," he said trying to hold back the laughter, Jon always went crazy when he ate a whole cheesecake by himself. He sat down at the table, "So did you find anything out about Nick Jonas?" Richie whispered, "Yeah, he and his brothers wear purity rings" Jon said putting his hands together and looking up at the ceiling, closed his eyes and he mouthed 'Thank you god!'



Jon's leg twitched, Jon didn't react to it at all, he stood up and as soon as he put weight on his left foot, he fell. Richie quickly helped him up, "Man are you okay? This happened the night before as well, maybe you should go to the doctor," Richie said helping him get back on the chair. "I'm fine" Jon said.






Michelle walked into the kitchen, Jon loved watching her walking - she was so graceful, she would put a ballerina to shame. "Dad, the stupid toaster isn't working" She said looking at Jon. The toaster kept popping her bread back up, seconds after she had put it in. Jon got up to walk over to her but once again he fell. Michelle ran over, "I can't feel my leg" Jon said grabbing it, to make sure it was still there. "Do you feel any tingling?" Michelle asked, helping Richie get him back up onto the seat. "Yes" Jon replied, "Your leg's asleep" she said walking back over to the toaster, "How do you know it's just asleep?" Richie asked, he was imagining all weird and wonderful things to be wrong with Jon. "How do you not know that?" Michelle said laughing.




Christian walked into the kitchen with his keys in hand, he threw them on the table, he had a stupid smirk on his face, the last time Jon had seen his son look so happy was at his third birthday party when he was given the biggest slice of cake. "What's up with you? You look like you just ate a whole cheesecake" Jon said looking at Richie, "I said I'd buy a new one!" Richie said leaning back in his chair. Michelle decided to give up on the toaster and sat down at the table with everyone else. "I.. got married" he said. Richie fell back on his chair and hit the ground, Jon spat out the orange juice that Michelle had given him. "To who?!" Jon asked, "Oh, don't tell me it was that girl you were dancing with last night, you just met her!" Michelle said, sounding a bit disgusted. "No, after I slept with her she told me that her boyfriend would be back in an hour" Christian said with a shrug, "Then I was walking home and I met Claire and I looked her in the eyes and I decided to finally tell her I had loved her since the first day I met you and we went to some new place they opened in New York and got married, by Elvis" he said laughing. Jon shook his head and buried his face in his hands "Do you know how upset your mother is going to be? How upset EVERYONE is going to be? I know for a fact that everyone would have preferred to have been there with you. God help you if you and Claire should ever get a divorce!" Jon said, then remembered that he had done the exact same thing with Dorothea. He now realised how hurt everyone must have felt and how Christian feels right now. "Your one to talk" Christian muttered.

3 comments:

  1. Jon ease dropping on Stephanie, Christian gets married the only one sane so far in this story is Richie! LOL

    I can't wait to read more to find out how this story is going to turn out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree imagine that Richie is the sane one..i had to lol at that one...very funny. I cant wait to see where all this is headed, and what the heck is wrong with Jon and the falling over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK...this is some family! LOL!
    But I'm really concerned about Jon! There is something wrong with him! And Richie ate a whole cheesecake by himself, I thought he was a moose, not a pig!!!! ROFLMAO!

    ReplyDelete