Sunday, June 7, 2009

Chapter Ten





Jacklyn pulled up outside her ex husband's New Jersey mansion, she didn't know whether to be furious, happy or sad. All Jon told her on the phone was "Christian needs to tell you something, important" It seemed Jon was waiting for her to arrive because he was there opening her car door for her, "Jacklyn," he said greeting her with a smile. How much she missed being married to Jon, he was a real gentleman, romantic, funny, caring...and amazing in bed. "Is Christian okay?" she asked her French accent was evident though she had been living in America for years, "Right now, yes, when he tells you what he did... you tell me" Jon said walking towards the house with her.




Christian was in the living room, playing guitar and singing Love bug by the Jonas Brothers for Ava, the Jonas Brothers were her favorite band and ever since she was little she had been Christian's 'girlfriend'. "Now I'm speechless, over the edge and just breathless, I never thought that I'd catch this, love bug again, hopeless, head over heels in the moment, I never thought that I'd get hit by this love bug again. I can't get your smile out of my mind, I can't get you out of my mind, I think about your eyes all the time, your beautiful but you don't even try, you don't even, don't even try..." he spotted his mother and father standing at the doorway. "Ava, darling, how about you practise the thing I was showing you on the guitar," he said handing her the guitar. "Ah, kiss!" he said before she went away, she came back and kissed him on the cheek.




"Mom" Christian said standing up to greet her with a hug. "Christian, what's this news you want to tell me?" she asked raising an eyebrow. Christian gulped, he didn't know how she would react, she could be delighted for him or furious with him for not telling her. "I got married to Claire last night" he said straight out, Jacklyn sat down "The Irish girl?" she asked, neither Christian nor Jon knew if she was happy, sad or furious. "Yeah, Claire, the Irish girl" he replied. "So your telling me, last night you got married to your Irish friend and didn't bother to ring anyone so they could celebrate with you."


Jon decided to sit down, this could take a while. He put his hand into a fist and then released it, it was extremely sore, his fingers were swollen, he looked at his left hand, it was fine. He looked at his arm, he had a bad rash. He quickly pulled his sleeve down to cover it up. His face felt like it was burning - like he was embarrassed. He ignored what Christian and Jacklyn were saying, "Excuse me" Jon said standing up, his feet were very sore and so was his left knee - if he got a pain in his knee, it was always his right knee because that was his bad knee. He knew he was about to fall so leaned onto the furniture and walked slowly out of the room.


Richie saw Jon and burst out laughing, "What? Did the ex embarrass you and then beat you up?" he asked. "Shut up, Rich, my joints are aching and my whole body feels like it's on fire." Jon said sitting down, Michelle raised an eyebrow "How long have your joints been aching?" she asked typing something into her laptop. "My knee and feet have been sore for a couple of days... why?" Jon asked - Michelle was brilliant at diagnosing people's illnesses, she could be a doctor, in fact Jon had told her several times to become a doctor but she refused. "I think you might have slapped face syndrome, but go to a doctor because it could be worse like, Lupus or something" she said. Jon hadn't a clue what Lupus was but he didn't like the sound of it.


2 comments:

  1. Just letting everyone know, I'm not obsessed with the Jonas Brothers but my niece is and she talks so much about them and is always singing their songs. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh NO, not Lupus PLEASE!!!! Can't it be something more treatable like Lyme disease?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete